EXT0 Temp wont rise

Hello,

I just upgraded the repetier firmware version from .91 to .92 on my Rostock Max.

I have a Rambo v1.2 board, and after the upgrade, I cannot heat up the extruder.
The bed temp rises normally, just not the extruder.

For testing purpose, I inverted the thermistor input and PWM signal output between the bed and the extruder. When I do that, the bed won't heat up, but extruder heats up just fine.

Conclusion, it is not a hardware issue. Only software.

Same problem if I manually set temperature from Repetier Host or from the printer menus, so its not a command issue.

Does anyone have any idea ??? I am puzzled, totally.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• EDIT > Inversion between bed and extruder pins was made in configuration.h file, in order to validate the hardware.
  • Check in host if you get some output shown. If so check with a multimeter which output gets power instead. Or compare the pins for heaters between your 0.91 and new 0.92 version. I guess that you are now using a different digital pin defines in pins.h.  Also watch out for a heater decoupled message. Thats new in 0.92 and if that triggers because ext0 won't rise while heating it disables all heaters.
  • Solved :

I have not been able to find this parameter in the online configuration tool, but the extruder heat manager was set to 0.

I changed it to 1, and now my extruder does work.