Extruder won't go while printing, works through manualcontrol though

Hi, i downloaded the latest versionof repetier host to work with my newly assembled prusa i 3. I set up all the relevent parameters and connected the printer. Since i was working with the printer for the first time i started out with checking that all the motors and heaters work by manual control, everything works including the extruding motor that will extrude filament manualy. When i give the order to start printing the extruder and the bed heat, the motors home and the printing starts except the extruder motor does not move , no filament is extruded.
Dry run is turned off and the extruding mm/s is set right (above 0). With my printer i recieved a g-code of a part on a sd card , while offline printing with the sd card and this g-code the print including extrusion works perfectly. Using the gcode generated by slic3r and repiter host while the printer is conected to my computer the extruder will not extrude.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Comments

• Make sure you have extrusion enabled, set in absolut mode and gcode flavor is set to RepRap. All in slic3r configuration settings.
  • Erantim,

I don't know whether you have solved your problem yet, but we ran into the same problem.  We just finished our Prusa I3 and connected it this morning but couldn't get the extruder to work while printing.  I looked for the absolute option but couldn't find it.  Here is what we did to fix it.  Click on the <Slicer>  tab inside Repetier Host.  Then click on the <Configuration>  button.  Click on <Custom G-code> in the left pane.  In the right pane under the section called "Start G-Code"  put the following :  M82; absolute mode  then save your configuration.   I hope this helps.