Repetier host and CNC?

Hello,

i use repetier host and firmware and this is realy great. I preprare hybrid machine for 3d print and CNC. Please, is there some solution for work CNC with this firmware?

Thank you a lot

Ivica

Comments

• In version 0.92.6 we have added a cnc mode for this. To activate send M453. In config tool you can define your spindle connection for this case. It adds commands M3, M4 and M5 to control a spindle like other CNC software does. Also do nor forget to include arc support. Then you should be able to do some easy cnc things. Th ebiggest problem left is getting start condition with object placement and tool length.
  • Ok, if i do new firmware, what problem with start heating extruder, search end stop axis Z.? How can i disconnect it?

Have you any manual for setup?  This will be hybrid wihout connection 3D print parts.  How can i setup maximum deep of tool?

Thakns a lot
    Ivica 
  • It is full cnc. You need to make use of the gcodes we have. e.g. using G92 to set a reference height or having a switch as zmin for tool probing. After all it is a 3d printing firmware with possible misuses for other fields.