Connect to Repetier-Server from a Mac running Host .56?

Hi Everyone,
 I have been using the Mac OS X Repetier-Host .56 for a few days and it works fantastic when connected directly to the printer via USB. Now i would like to move my setup over to a stand alone machine running Ubuntu and Repetier-Server and then connect to it from my Mac running Repetier-Host so I can slice and print from there. 

I have had no problems getting the server setup and connected to the printer, everything runs fine. But I can't find how to setup the Host printer connection on my Mac to use the Repetier-Server as the printer. When I go to Printer Settings, there is no option for "Repetier-Server". Only the local USB or serial connections or "Virtual Printer." 

Is it possible? 

Comments

• Sorry, but this only works with the windows/linux version. Mac host is a completely different program.
  • Are there any plans to add this? I just bought Repetier Server and was hoping that functionality was in there. So for now we can use host, slice it, then save the GCode and manually upload it?
  • The server will get it's own slicer so you do not need any host (or external slicer). It will also get a wrapper app to run it like a app instead of inside a browser. That is all meant as replacement of existing host.
  • edited July 2017
    Repetier said:
    The server will get it's own slicer so you do not need any host (or external slicer). It will also get a wrapper app to run it like a app instead of inside a browser. That is all meant as replacement of existing host.
    Is there any update on this? I've been running the Windows version of Repetier Host on a dual-boot Macbook Pro, but everything else I do is on the Mac side of things, so it would be nice not to have to switch over to Windows for slicing and printing. (Note: I just picked back up on printing after about a year away, so I may be far behind, so apologies if it's a dumb question.)
  • Since server runs on mac you could use a pure lsicer to slice on mac and send it to server with browser frontend on http://localhost:3344 ;
    Server slicer is still in progress.