Host 1.5.6 - Unintended Offset in Y After Homing

I have compared results between 1.5.3 and 1.5.6, and found that 1.5.6 introduces an offset into the Y-Axis after homing. 1.5.3 correctly reports the Y position after homing.

Initially I had my printer firmware configured so that Xmin=-30 and Ymin=-10.  Printer shape in Host is also like this. After homing, X reports 0, and Y reports -2.

Initially I did not catch this new behavior because I have another printer entry for an identical printer (identical in all but one thing).  The Ymin for this other printer IS -2.

Anyway, I re-installed 1.5.3, and the problem has disappeared.

Comments

• Strange. I'm not aware of having changed that code. What it does in combination with repetier-firmware at least is copying the values reported by firmware into host if no more commands are in queue. Can you say if in the log the right coordinates appear after homing? If not it might be a timing thing which comes first. I will test it with a offset with newest version.
  • I have four different printer entries in Host at the moment, so what I will try is to upgrade to 1.5.6 again, retest, and then delete all printers but the one. After that, I will delete this printer as well, and recreate.  All this assuming the problem persists until the end.
  • Reverting to 1.5.3, and then upgrading to 1.5.6 has eliminated the behavior. Unfortunately, I do not have the other near identical printer here that I can connect to it.  I suspect that recreating the problem would involve connecting to more than one printer, or possibly performing a Save As... function to copy a configuration.  Don't know.

I'll keep testing, and see if I can find it again.