Axis Drift

I am getting drift in one axis(X) , part comes out skewed to one side. Tried switching  x and y and it is the x axis drive. new motor, new board (ramps1.4) bed level, check square, try different jerk, acceleration,speed for print and travel,no luck. When I switched from X to Y axes the shift followed  from x to y. Driving me nuts!

Comments

• Which firmware version?

If it always drives away from x endstop it is crosstalk. Then try setting always check endstops to 0. In 0.92 the effect should be less with the new crosstalk aware endstop check, also this is not foolsave.

What exactly did switching x to y mean? What did you switch?
  • I set the check endstop to false, I will try 0. It is driving towards the endstop. By switching I swapped the X and Y connectors on the board and swapped the limit switch so X became Y and Y became X. The drift went with the new X
  • Ok, understood your switching. You could also try switching only x and y motor and in firmware assign x motor to y axis and vice versa. This would rule out that the motor is loosing steps. Towards endstop should mean no connection to endstop status.
  • When you say switch motors in firmware do you mean changing pin assignments?
  • Yes. In config tool this is quite easy. Just select y motor for x axis and vice versa.
  • Ok, is this right, load my configuration file into the online config tool and change only the motor and when I save everything should be the same but the motors. Will try,
    Thanks