Printing Spiral Vase gcode files from Slic3r. Repetier Server thinks job is finished prematurely.

When printing gcode files generated by Slic3r with the Spiral Vase option enabled, Repetier Server stops the print when it reaches the Estimated Time of Extrusion. The percentage completion isn't even at 100% and you can tell from the log that it's still printing when it stops. I even get an notification that the job finished printing successfully but it's mid print.

Comments

• I have a bit a problem with validation of this bug. I uploaded a vase sliced in slic3r and it printed perfectly till the end. Downside was that the time estimate was correct but time estimate is not the factor to abort the print. Out of lines is the criterion. 

Can you check the server.log and printer log if there are any error messages giving a clue. Also what os are you using for slic3r?

Does this happen if you upload and then directly print as well. This should give exact estimations since in both cases same computation is used.

I also think that it has nothing to do with vase mode unless it contains some code making other problems. The version sliced with 1.2.9 didn't have one for me.
  • Hmm. I also used slic3r 1.2.9 and I regenerated the Gcode three times and it stopped at different times but seemed close to the ETE which is why I made that assumption. I printed the same file with Octoprint with no issues. Latest Repetier firmware.
    Never tried Direct Print. Just upload then print. I grabbed the print log for the job and I can attach it, but when I look inside it just stops, no errors or anything. I will get the server.log and attach later.
  • If this happens please also send

to get some internal data. If the job is finished it should read buffered lines 0.