Endstop triggers in only one direction?

After switching to a new x-engine, my homing direction is suddenly opposite.

This means that when homing, the extruder head is moved away from home. It continues and "grinds" at the opposite edge, since there is no endstop trigger on this side. When I push the endstop trigger on the other side manually, the motion stops.

To solve this, I have changed the sign of the "Steps per mm" calibration setting for the firmware to X: -88.00 instead of X: 88.00. This works and it now correctly moves towards the correct home when homing.

BUT now the endstop trigger doesn't work in this direction. When the extruder head moves towards home, it moves too far, hits the edge and starts to "grind" even though the endstop trigger is pushed in. Triggering endstop doesn't work at all in this direction. BUT endstop is triggered, when the engines moves the other way (away from home) and I push the endstop manually.

Clearly the endstop trigger only works for motion in a certain x-direction. If I can change this little issue and instead make the endstop trigger while moving the other way (or maybe in both ways), then all this is finally solved. Is there a way to do this from Repetier Host?

---
Solidoodle 4
Marlin Firmware
Repetier Host V1.0.6

Comments

• This is a firmware issue. Never use negative steps per mm. You can invert motor cable or stepper direction in firmware. Also check homing direction in firmware if x moves are in correct direction.